SENIOR UX/UI DESIGNER
Pie Mapping is a London-based start-up building a dynamic logistics platform that allows organisations to plan, schedule, optimise and track vehicles. Pie Mapping is working within the fast-growing vehicle software industry which is ultimately becoming more automated and efficient. The commercial vehicle and logistics industry has lots of interesting technical problems with many changing variables which require dynamic solutions. Pie Mapping is on a mission to provide a powerful connected fleet management solution for logistics and transportation companies that scales globally for any industry vertical.
We’re looking for someone who loves designing clean, honest and simple digital experiences. You’ll be developing the Pie Mapping brand and maintaining the look and feel of the Pie Mapping products, apps and websites by designing new user interfaces and improving our current ones. We’re looking for a creative, logical, user-driven designer who can both support and work with other members of the current team. We would like someone who wants to push the quality of both their own work and the work of others in the team.
- Support a team of designers with personal and professional growth and performance.
- Work with the Head of Product and CTO to organise the workload and output.
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to stakeholders.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, style guides and best practices.
- Work across mobile and web interfaces and also future brand development.
- Maintain and design entire new features and functionality, work on incremental improvements, features, back end tools, emails, etc.
- Providing both unpolished conceptual options as well as high quality final designs.
- An interest in user experience is a must as this kind of role is for a thinker / doer, someone who can feel confident enough to present ideas and see their own ideas through to a pixel perfect design.
- Ensure designs are produced on time and to high quality.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND CONDUCT
- 5+ years experience as a user experience designer, product designer or interaction designer
- Has a thorough understanding of UX methodology and lifecycle across key channels and platforms.
- Experience in working with enterprise-grade software.
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights.
- Effectively operates within an iterative design team, managing UX responsibilities against defined milestones and plan with little day-to-day oversight.
- Knowledge of key channels and platforms, with experience in areas of mobile, portable, dedicated, web, or native mobile design.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories, and internal communication tools.
- Experience in creating and presenting prototypes.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Solid experience of UI/UX design with a strong portfolio containing your best examples of digital user interfaces, including sites that provide a high level of functionality/interactivity.
- Experience in mobile user interface design.
- You can conceptualise and wireframe ideas quickly and consistently, on paper and/or digitally.
- Using a user-centred approach, you consider the flow of the experience holistically.
- You effortlessly work with other designers and developers to realise your concepts and designs.
- Experience with style guide oriented workflows + designing complex (enterprise) applications is a plus.
- Partners with design, engineering and product management team members in the execution and delivery of successful products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently.
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability.
- Eye for detail.
- Ability to work with all cross-company departments to achieve common goals.
- Positive and logical approach together with willingness to learn.
- Enthusiastic and fun to work with.
- Extremely passionate about user experience.
- A desire to establish a young, fresh, digital brand.
Market Rate - Competitive
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org